USAGE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES
Thank you for purchasing Emeralds and Crocodiles brand shoes.
Our stilettos and ballet slippers are manufactured in Poland using highest quality natural leather.
Please read our usage and maintenance guidelines before use.
We strongly recommend following our guidelines to ensure comfort and longevity :
- Shoes should be put on using a shoe horn in order to avoid breaking the heel cap and/or the bootleg.
- Avoid soaking the shoes in water as it may lead to permanent discoloring and deformation; wet shoes should only be dried in room temperature, away from heaters or other heat sources.
- Shoes should not be laundered under any circumstances.
- It is recommended to store the shoes in a dry place, away from the sun and with shoe lasts inside – it will allow to avoid discoloration and deformation.
- For ballet slippers, we recommend storing them without direct contact between the sole of one slipper and the top of the other; failure to do so may cause slipper discoloration.
- Heel tips and soles should be regularly replaced when worn out as a result of normal use.
- It is important to remember about daily shoe care and clean the shoes using appropriate brushes, polishes, creams, and other products.
- Shoes should be used for their intended purposes.
Full-grain leather (smooth) – dirt and shoe polish (cream) should be removed with a damp sponge or cotton cloth. After cleaning, the shoes should be dried in room temperature. When the shoes are dry, it is recommended to apply shoe polish (cream) matching the color of the leather. When the polish (cream) dries, the shoes should be polished with a soft brush or cotton cloth.
Warning! Do not use self-polishing wax. You should also not apply a new layer of shoe polish (cream) onto an old layer (the old layer should be removed first).
Suede leather – dirt should be removed using a special suede brush. After removing the dirt, use only products specifically designed for use with suede, such as suede dyes, and impregnating agents during fall and winter for waterproofing.
Caution! Do not use shoe polish and/or creams.
Leather soles – because of their natural properties, such soles have a tendency to wear out. Because of this, it is recommended you sole the shoes and regularly check their condition. Shoes with leather soles should not be used in rainy and wet conditions. Should the soles get soaked, the shoes should be dried in room temperature. Dirt should be removed by rubbing the soles with a slightly damp cloth or sponge and wipe them dry. Following this, colorless polish (cream) may be applied to the outer parts of the sole and the heel to be polished later.
By following these guidelines, you will ensure the shoes you purchased will look fresh and beautiful for a long time.
Should you have any questions or concerns about shoe maintenance, please contact our online store at firstname.lastname@example.org.